The college is adopting modern and innovative approaches to medical instruction. The most prominent features of the modern approaches to medical instruction adopted by the college can be summed up as follows:
1. Learning by problem solving in small groups
2. Integrated interdisciplinary learning whereby the students learn a set of basic medical syllabi in an interrelated that joins basic sciences with clinical sciences.
3. Interactive seminars and conferences.
4. Clinical instruction in an early stage of the studies.
5. Task-based learning
6. Self-directed learning
7. Optimum use of technology
8. Concentrating on basic skills in the graduation phase such as:
· Various communication skills
· Research and self-instruction skills
· Time management, decision-making and problem solving skills
· Learning skills in the graduation phase
· Basic skills to use technology in medicine
9. Integrating some important syllabi such as medical deontology in accordance with Islamic medicine, the history of Islamic medicine, and medicine based on evidence from the Quran, the Sunna and alternative medicine.
10. Instruction based on medical problems priority in society.
11. In addition, some optional syllabi