Convenience and Portability
· Courses are accessible on your schedule
· Online learning does not require physical attendance
· Learning is self-paced (not too slow, not too fast)
· Courses are available 24/7
· Study anywhere
· Read materials online or download them for reading later
· Online learning accommodates student preferences and needs.
· Student can skip over material already known, and focus on topics he/she would like to learn.
· Use the tools best suited to the learning styles
Online learning will draw students to topics they like and enjoy. Studies show that because of this and the variety of delivery methods used to reach different types of learners, retention is frequently better than in a traditional classroom.
Technology tools make collaboration among students much easier. Since many projects involve collaborative learning, the online environment is far easier (and often more comfortable) to work in since learners don't have to be face-to-face.